Posted on March 5, 2019
Over the years, I’ve heard many other artists talk about their design inspiration coming from beautiful experiences like a trip to Italy, spending summers in Maine, having parents who were quirky and amazing artists or so many other coveted experiences. But I really was not sure where my inspiration came from. I always wished I had an inspiring story to share that would make people fall in love with my designs…but I really didn’t.
Now, after 15 years of designing my inspiration has become clear to me. My inspiration is fueled by three sources…
- My love of searching for and collecting gemstones, seashells and anything from nature. When I was younger I rarely looked up when walking because my eyes were searching the ground for nature’s treasures. Boxes of bones, bird nests, fossils, sand dollars, and similar items could be found in the basement, bedroom and back porch of my family home.
- My love of home and garden design. I remember my mom once telling me that we (my maternal family) were “nesters”. We love our homes, plant deep roots, and spend a lot time and energy “loving” our homes. Since I was a teenager, I have always “peeked” (I never even got close to breaking the law) in people’s windows while going on long walks to see their paint color, bookshelves and chandeliers. A garden bed filled with a variety of hostas would give me the goose bumps. A blue slate garden walk softened by lush moss made me swoon.
- Becoming a multi-tasking mom of 3 who still loved the things above but also now had so many more responsibilities. Although I often miss a shower and my hair is pulled back in a low bun (not because it looks cute but because I was running late for something), I still wanted to look and feel “pretty”. Our jewelry designs are dainty and simple. Pieces that can go along with busy women who are muti-tasking and wearing different hats throughout the day. Our designs are transitional, have a classic feel, and will last the test of time (and trends that come and go). But most importantly, our designs are “Effortless, Graceful and Stunning” just how every woman should feel, washed hair or not.
Posted on February 6, 2019
We believe that bridal jewelry should compliment and not compete with your wedding dress. Our designs are dainty, graceful and stunning. Choose from our white collection or schedule a one on one session with our lead designer, Sarah to create your own special piece. We work with only the finest of materials including natural gemstones, freshwater pearls, sterling silver and 14k gold filled. Every piece is handmade in our studio located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Click here to see all our bridal options or feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions. We would love to hear from you!
Posted on November 7, 2017
Recently, we met with the staff and owners from the Doylestown Gold Exchange. The Doylestown Gold Exchange is a quaint, full-service jewelry store on the outskirts of Doylestown, PA. This family-owned jewelry store caterers to all levels of jewelry, they purchase estate jewelry, coins, and offer watch repairs.
Greg Glemser, one of the three partners in the business, started out in business spending summer’s working at a local Doylestown jewelry store. After receiving his education degree, Greg went to work as a teacher. Not long after his start as a teacher, he was laid off and went back to what he knew…jewelry. Now after 15 years, a gemology degree, a wife and 4 girls later…Greg, his brother-in-law Kyle, and sister-in-law Sabrina decided to open the Doylestown Gold Exchange. For 6 years now, the Doylestown Gold Exchange has become one of the premier jewelry stores in the area, winning the Intelligencer’s award for Best Gold Buyer and Best Jeweler 2017.
The Doylestown Gold Exchange carries a wide selection of the Sarah Cornwell Jewelry line. As a family-owned business and a great advocate of local businesses, the Doylestown Jewelry Exchange is excited to promote SCJ. Please stop by for a visit and check out what the Doylestown Gold Exchange has to offer—you will truly enjoy this hidden gem in Doylestown. Greg and his staff strive to put their customers’ well-being first.
Posted on May 17, 2017
All traces of winter are finally gone and spring is here! With the new season comes a new collection!
This collection includes three limited edition lines Linen, Rain, and Berry:
- Linen is all about crisp, clean whites in the form of freshwater pearls and chalcedony.
- Rain focuses on simple, mixed metal designs that can worn on their own or paired with pieces from other lines.
- Berry is the splash of color that adds vibrancy to the collection, with blue and pink sapphires and prehnite.
Let us know your thoughts on the new collection! We love hearing from you!
Posted on March 1, 2017
A few months ago a specialty shop in Boston, MA, called Gifted, began carrying a few of our pieces. Gifted is owned by Marie Corcoran, a local artist whose shop carries her own work, as well as the work of over 70 other U.S. artists. We thought it would be nice to get to know more about Marie and her mission to support fellow artists:
SCJ: Tell us a little bit about you!
Marie: “I have a degree in ceramics and photography and make jewelry for the shop. I love finding new artists, puppies (or pretty much anything with fur), volunteerism-I’ve been to The Ukraine, Haiti twice, Mexico three times and places throughout the US, and frozen yogurt.”
SCJ: How did you come to start your business?
Marie: “I always knew I wanted a shop and was lucky enough that it came earlier in my life than I expected. There was a small retail space available with a short term lease, so I dove in. After 2 years there I grew beyond the walls of my tiny shop and found a much bigger location only two blocks away. After 8 years, I’m still amazed at the support of the neighborhood and my customers and the amount of talented artists there are.”
SCJ: What kind of image or style do you try to convey to customers?
Marie: “We treat our customers like family. I never want them to feel like they’re just a sales receipt to us. I don’t have a particular style, but I am attracted to anything that makes the store feel more homey. After all, I spend a lot of time there so it’s basically my home as well.”
SCJ: What is your daily inspiration?
Marie: “Seeing other business owners doing well and working hard motivates me. I love that our community is there to help one another and not compete. I’m also so grateful for the love and support of customers and other businesses in the area.”
SCJ: What are your future hopes/dreams for your business?
Marie: “I try hard to carry mostly handmade goods and dream of being able to eventually weed out all imported items (except for the fair trade artists of course). Just being able to open the doors to my very own store every day is beyond my wildest dreams.”
SCJ: What do you like about Sarah Cornwell Jewelry?
Marie: “It’s inspirational, classic and well made. Very beautiful and perfect statement pieces that can be worn every day.”
We hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit about Marie and Gifted! If you live in the Boston area or are passing through, definitely make sure to say hello! If you don’t live by, you can always take a peek at the shop’s website here.
Remember to shop local!